by Rachel Stuart, a happy and successful Pause Menopause client
I am the queen of excuses when it comes to dieting and trying to lose weight! But this time, I decided, no. No more self-sabotage, I am going to make this work for me. So, I got prepared.
Fast forward six weeks, and after completing the Pause Menopause HCG Diet Program, I feel so great, I’m already planning to do it again! I sleep better, I don’t snore, I no longer get heartburn, I’ve dropped a dress size and I’m so much more confident.
If you’re considering what the HCG Diet can do for you, here are my top tips for getting the most out of the program. I’ll be following my own advice next time I do the HCG Diet!
- Only tell people who will be supportive – I had enough self-doubt without needing to invite more, surround yourself with cheerleaders and positivity!
- Buy a George Forman Grill – the healthiest way to cook your protein
- Invest in a good set of kitchen scales and portion out your meals. I got into a routine of buying chicken breast, steak and fish for the week, then weighing each protein into appropriate amounts and freezing them in individual portions. This made each meal quicker to prepare.
- Prepare for snacks so you always have something to eat. I pre-cooked 100gram portions of chicken breast and freezed them. In the morning I could then take a bag into work every day, ready to snack on. If I got caught short when out, I popped into the nearest supermarket for an apple or punnet of strawberries.
- Line up some non-food related treats for a boost on difficult days – I would book a manicure or a massage
- Plan healthy themed activities with family, I went away for one weekend and took my George Forman grill with me!
- Offer your services as the designated driver – if you feel you can be out with friends and enjoy their company without a glass of wine or two, they’ll thank you for it
- Organise your pantry and fridge – hiding items if you need to! Put all the healthy stuff near the front so you have less temptations to cheat
- Read books – you’ll be surprised how much extra time you have when you’re in your routine and cooking up pre-prepared meals at home
- Finally, set up regular appointments with Kylie – her motivation and knowledge really got me through each week! I would write down any questions I had each day and save them for our weekly call.
I gave myself the best chance to succeed and I feel fantastic!
Good luck on your journey to better health,
Completed the Pause Menopause HCG Treatment Plan